Friday, January 4, 2008

Please do visit my del.ico.us page: http://del.icio.us/carolsbooks2u?settagview=cloud

The first five sites I've listed are all about voice care. I talk for a living and find it essential to try and keep my voice in good condition. This can be a real challenge during cold season or during especially busy times. On one of the sites you'll learn that school classrooms are some of the most difficult for speakers because both the students and the room itself contribute a great deal of noise. Remembering the lower level rooms in one elementary school and how the heating pipes made a terrific amount of noise every morning, I know this to be true. Chairs scraping against the floor, hallway chatter, lockers slamming and loud portable fans can almost drown out the booktalker. None of us at BOOKS 2 U lamented the closing of Clarendon School and its 1970s "open plan" layout. Booktalkers had to shout in order to be heard over student chatter and teacher instructions from the other classes in the pod. Hopefully the new school is more voice-friendly!
So check out my links -- it might save your voice!

No comments: